Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Baking


I had already planned on getting all my Christmas goodies together this weekend--peppermint bark, Russian tea cakes, sugar cookies, and fudge--when I came out of the store this afternoon to find that it is snowing again. All the old stuff just finally melted, enough that we could see all the leaves that didn't get raked up before the Thanksgiving snows.

With the snow outside, the "Swinging Christmas" station on Pandora belting out Burl Ives, Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, and a whole lot of baking ahead of me, I foresee a cozy Saturday afternoon.

The obligatory chicken update: It was just sprinkling rain when I went off to the store. I came out to snow, drove home and went straight out to see what the chickens were doing, as they had been out roaming. They were hiding on the side of the house, coated with snow, and seemingly unable to figure out how to get home. I had to herd them in but now they are much happier.

No comments: