Monday, April 18, 2011

Manic Monday

In order of appearance, my super-packed Monday. Some days are like this, most are not. Something must have been in the air:

**taught my French class
**walked the dog 3 miles
**baked pot bread
**mowed the little-old-lady-next-door's big, wet, really-long-grass lawn
**watered my yard the old-fashioned way, moving the sprinkler around every 30 minutes since our sprinkler timer fried out last week
**practiced my banjo for half an hour, even though I really felt like I don't know what I'm doing
**watched a bunch of YouTube videos of very experienced musicians playing the same song I'm practicing--didn't even recognize the song I'm trying to play in the ones I saw on YouTube (heavy sigh)
**planned out my class for tomorrow (but didn't grade the homework they turned in...ran out of steam)
**baked two loaves of pumpkin bread in a fit of trying to get more fiber into my son (the vegetable-phobe)
**made lentil/spelt/barley/kale soup for dinner, to be accompanied by the pot bread
**wrote this silly post

Tomorrow I have to run out to Walla Walla to take goodies to the grandmas in preparation for great-granny's 95th birthday party on Saturday. And I have a baseball game in the evening. In between these two I plan on lying on the couch, eating bonbons and wearing my fuzzy pajamas while reading a really good Swedish murder mystery. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some impressive list! I kinda feel like a slug now ;-) It would take me a week to accomplish all of that.

Bonbons and a Swedish murder mystery sound good. And, so does the pumpkin bread, yum!